The College’s management is closely monitoring the developments in the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19)
Updated - January 8th, 2021
During the January 6th press briefing, Prime Minister François Legault announced a general lockdown from January 9th to February 8th, 2021, with a curfew from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Here are a few clarifications following this press briefing, which concern our College.
Teaching in the regular sector and Continuing Education
The Quebec government website asks higher education institutions to apply the following instructions until February 8th, 2021 :
In the next few days, the College administration should receive additional information from the Ministry of Education and Higher Education concerning teaching and will transmit further details on this subject.
In addition, the wearing of a protective mask will be mandatory for all persons entering the College premises until February 8th. Masks will be available at the security station located at the main entrance, or at the entrance of Champagnat Pavilion, at the reception desk of Namur Pavilion (Intercultural and International Education Center) and Bélanger Pavilion (Business Services Center).
In order to ensure a safe environment for the entire community, the following health measures have been put in place to comply with Public Health guidelines:
- Laboratories and classrooms required for face-to-face activities have been set up to meet social distancing standards.
- Wearing a mask inside the College premises and wearing other personal protective equipment (visor, gloves and lab coat) in the laboratories is mandatory.
- Disinfectant gel dispensers are installed in several locations.
- Signage stickers are installed to show you how to get around the College.
- Staff and the student community must swipe their employee or student card at the digital stations located at the entrances to the pavilions before entering the College or complete the health declaration form. Anyone coming from outside the College must also fill out the health declaration form.
The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends that the public follow certain rules to limit the spread of the pandemic. In this sense, the Management is concerned about complying with the directives of the Direction générale de la santé publique du Québec, which are updated regularly.
For more information on the COVID-19 situation in Quebec, please visit the following website: Québec.ca/coronavirus.
You can also consult the Self-Care Guide for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) to help you make the best possible decisions during the pandemic.
The first form of prevention against COVID-19 is hand washing.
We also recommend that you follow the Public Health Agency of Canada's guidelines to reduce the risk of infection or spread. Also, various preventive measures have been put in place at the College.
Decision-making processes for staff and the student community - COVID-19
Here are three decision-making scenarios that have been developed in the context of the pandemic in order to identify the steps to be taken in the following cases:
- a person who has been in close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
- a person who has symptoms related to COVID-19
- a person who tested positive for COVID-19
- a person returning from a stay abroad
(In French only)
For any other questions concerning the situation in relation to the College, we invite you to write to email@example.com.