Attestation of College Studies (ACS) – International Trade
DAILY COURSES - 2023
Start date: September 5, 2023
Location: Courses offered at the Intercultural and International Education Centre of Marie-Victorin College, 4975 Paré street, located just few steps away from Namur metro station in Cote-des-Neiges.
Duration and schedule: 13 months | 1,380 hours program including 180 hours of internship | Daily courses, full-time (from Monday to Friday)
Information: To participate to the next info-session, please click here.
General Program Objectives
In keeping with the general goals of technical education, the International Trade program is designed to:
- enable students to become competent in the profession, i.e. in carrying out the tasks and activities required for entry into the job market
- help students enter the workforce by familiarizing them with the job market in general and the field of international trade in particular
- foster students’ personal growth and encourage their ongoing professional development
- ensure students’ future job mobility by helping them to acquire career-management skills and an awareness of entrepreneurship
A dynamic Team of Dedicated Teachers and Professionals
Let our experienced team help you to gain the knowledge and technical skills you need to become part of the working world. Our academic staff is continuously updating the program content in order to keep up to date with industry needs.
Internship in your Field of Study
As part of the program, you will have the opportunity to gain industry experience through an internship or "stage". A coordinator will assist you in finding a work placement and will support you throughout your internship.
Marie-Victorin’s Intercultural and International Education Centre (IIEC) has spacious, newly renovated classrooms and networked computer labs, which provide a pleasant working atmosphere. The IIEC provides an excellent learning environment adapted to the needs of adult students.
Accredited by FITT
Students who complete the International Trade program successfully at Marie-Victorin College can apply for a professional accreditation in international trade. To obtain the FITT diploma (Forum for International Trade Training) www.fitt.ca, a graduate student must transfer his credits to FITT, successfully complete two FITT skills assessments. Additional conditions apply to get the CITP recognition (Certified International Trade Professional).
In order to be admitted to the Attestation of College Studies (ACS) program in international trade, a candidate must hold a recognized High School Diploma (HSD) or have work experience and education deemed sufficient by the College. He or she must also meet one of the following conditions:
- have interrupted his or her studies for at least two consecutive terms or one school year;
- be covered by an agreement entered into by the College and an employer or by the College and a government program;
- have completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread over one year or more.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org | 514 733-3232, ext. 4110